Monday, October 12, 2009

My husband is a geologist....

So I've been wanting to start a blog for a while (everyone is doing it, you know!) but I haven't been able to come up with a title. I wanted something that would incorporate the things that have become the biggest parts of my life--that is my family, my kids, living simply, and living with loss. While hiking the other day, Chris and I tried a dozen different titles to try to get the "play on words" just right ("theholefamily" or "theholisticfamily") but nothing seemed to work exactly the way I wanted it or incorporate everything I wanted it to.

Later, after the kids were in bed, we tried a few different titles but they were all taken or not quite right. After a while we gave up and decided to sleep on it so Chris left the room. A few minutes later he returned....
"You are going to hate this one," he said when he came back in, "How about, 'Geode'" Yes, I'm married to a geologist. But think about it--a geode is very simple in its appearance and it is absolutely beautiful inside. And yet, to make it as beautiful as it is, it needs this big, gaping hole in the middle. The more I thought about it, the more I thought it worked well for our family. So here is my blog--The Family Geode.

No comments:

Post a Comment